NetMeeting Default Template
||27 November 2022, 12:00 CEST
||HM, NB, KP, TO, LF, PGL. Minutes by NB.
Review Status of the Action List
See Net Meeting Actions
Overture Language Board Status
The LB progressed a few issues. The big one is that there is a request to alter constructors in VDM++ which is a known issue for many years and any “fix” will break backwards compatability. We will need to decide as a Community if/how we navigate this (and if we want to put the effort in to change the tools).
We can try to discuss before but Lubeck might be a good place for this.
Also it was the last LB meeting, so we’ll have an election over the end of year as usual.
Status of ViennaTalk Development
Status of the Overture Components
- The VDMJ #ifdef processor is now more sensible and will apply to all external readers (like AsciiDoc or LaTeX source).
- Very long power set calculations can now be interrupted in the debugger.
- Some small combinatorial testing bugs fixed.
- Applied the LB changes for RM#49 (more sensible “let” semantics).
- A new External Format Reader Guide is available to help people write for new formats/sources. Added a CSVReader example to the VDMJ examples.
- Bug fixed to allow VDMJ to work with Java 19.
- A new Library Writers Guide is availabe to help people create new libraries.
- Looked at some issues reported to the LB about VDM++ object construction (needs clarification in the LRM).
- There’s a new experimental feature to allow VDMJ command line execution to be “p” paused or “q” interrupted, dropping into the debugger.
NB asked for feedback on the new Guides.
- The VSCode wiki has been updated considerably, especially for new users (Getting Started).
- A new Plugin Writer’s Guide is available to explain how to write a new plugin for the extension.
- A new “generate” command is available to allow CT expansion to debugged.
VSCode 1.3.7 Release
It includes the VDM to UML translation and the updates to VDMJ
Version 1.3.7 has been released, with patches to VDMJ and UML jars.
See download stats on the downloads page.
The old Eclipse download page will be updated to deprecate Overture Eclipse in favour of VDM VSCode.
OVT-20 and OVT-21
OVT-21 is already under way. PC invitations were made, and mostly accepted. The CFP is awaiting approval by Easychair.
Publications Status and Plans
Also see Planned Publications.
It was agreed that people should review and update this page with their planned papers.
Any Other Business
Meeting dates 2023:
- 26 Feb
- 21 May
- 27 Aug
- 26 Nov